Our center offers a rich array of weekly ongoing offerings open to the public. No prior meditation experience is required to attend.
Public group meditation sessions are held on Monday evenings and on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday mornings. Group meditation sessions are open to the public. Donations are gratefully accepted but not required. If you have not had meditation instruction, or if you would like to learn how meditation is practiced in the Shambhala Buddhist tradition, instruction is available every Monday at 7:00 pm and every Sunday at 10:30 am. Please visit us and find out more.
- MONDAYS – Open Night Mondays – meditation with instruction – 7:00 – 8:30 pm
- TUESDAYS, WEDNESDAYS, THURSDAYS – Basically Good Morning – yoga stretches and meditation – 7:00 – 8:00 am
- TUESDAYS – Heart of Recovery – meditation with instruction, especially for those struggling with addiction – 7:00 – 8:30 pm
- THURSDAYS – WE-Peace – Western Pennsylvania Educators for Awareness, Compassion, and Empathy meet 3rd Thursday of each month, September through May – 7:00 – 8:30 pm [a change from last year’s 1st Thursday]
- THURSDAYS – Aging as Spiritual Practice – 1st Thursday of each month – 7:00 – 9:00 pm [a change from last year’s 3rd Thursday]
- THURSDAYS – Silent Transformations – final Thursday of each month, October-May – 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- SUNDAYS – SunDays – meditation with instruction – 10:30 am – noon
These two programs have been suspended for a time and we hope to be able to offer them again at some point: Ziji, and [TRANS]cendance! – Transgender/ Queer Identified Meditation Group.
In the sidebar at right are links to more information about these and other recurring programs, and beneath that list are shown the next programs that are coming up on the calendar. We welcome you to take a look at the descriptions of these programs and come to any or all of them. Please also check here to see if for any reason a regularly scheduled event might be canceled, as we will post that information as needed.
All are welcome! Donations are gratefully accepted but not required.